QA - Test Engineer
Full Time - Rochester, NY
At Measures for Justice (MFJ), our mission is to use data to measure and understand county-level criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide consistent, comparable, reliable, and objective performance measures across the entire criminal justice system, from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. You can learn more about our work here: www.measuresforjustice.org.
Measures for Justice seeks a Quality Assurance / Test Engineer to assist in our mission of delivering criminal justice measures to the public. In this role you will work with our product and technology teams to test our products to ensure they perform to the highest standard across all targeted platforms.
- Assure the quality of both internal and external tools and products.
- Test product usability, compatibility, security, accessibility, and performance.
- Write, execute, and maintain manual and automated test procedures.
- Report, prioritize and track all issues found in our issue tracking system.
- Work with product owners and researchers in spec and design reviews providing insights based on knowledge of the product and user interaction.
- You are an experienced quality assurance / test engineer comfortable with testing both web and desktop products using automated testing tools.
- You have strong critical thinking skills and knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- You have prior professional experience working for a criminal justice agency is not required but it is prioritized.
- 3+ years of professional quality assurance experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- We know that our employees are our most valuable asset. We provide top of the line equipment to help you get the job done.
- Our Rochester, NY, office space is close to all the things the city has to offer and is bike and bus accessible.
- We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a casual work environment.
- MFJ is committed to equality and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
- Our office is wheelchair accessible.
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com. We will continue to receive applications until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Measures for Justice to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Measures for Justice will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to equity and inclusion and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.