Director of Development
Full Time - Rochester, NY; OR New York, NY; OR Washington, DC
At Measures for Justice (MFJ), we have pioneered a new way to use data to measure criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide information on the whole system from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to do good and be involved in cutting edge research and technology. We have challenged the status quo nationally and become a groundbreaker.
About the Role
What You Will Do
- Work with the CEO, leadership team, and Board of Directors to develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive development strategy with multiple revenue streams.
- Build and execute a strategy to engage individuals with the organization as donors and as advocates to advance the mission.
- Capitalize on available opportunities and sustain the projected organizational growth, in close collaboration with CEO and COO.
- Establish fundraising targets and identify additional revenue streams to ensure revenue goals are met.
- Partner with the CEO to align development goals and vision with the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Oversee all department activities related to the operational and ongoing day-to-day fundraising efforts.
- Partner with the COO and Director of Communications to create materials that support fundraising needs, including externally-appropriate budgets.
- Support CEO and COO in Board of Directors engagement in fundraising.
- Assist with all grant and proposal writing.
- Live by and lead through our cultural code and core values, including Respect, Transparency, Rigor, and Excellence.
- 7 - 10 years demonstrated successful fundraising experience.
- The ideal candidate will be a natural relationship-builder and a staunch advocate for justice.
- Strategic planning expert and ability to conceive, design, implement, evaluate and manage fundraising programs and strategies.
- Ability to close large gifts to an organization, especially over $25,000 from individuals and 6 and 7 figure institutional gifts.
- Expertise or knowledge in major gifts and mid-level individual donor programs.
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding revenue generation plans.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and political acumen to establish and maintain good working relationships within all organizational levels.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and marketing skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively while working under multiple deadlines.
- Previous experience with Salesforce or similar donor CRM.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read "Director of Development".
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Salary ranges available upon request.